Functional Responsibilities & Skills:
- Architecture/Design the tech stack
- Code reviews: Setting code (Rest, services) standards, table design standards etc
- Release planning
- Envision a complete feature/product from scratch in terms of APIs, UI changes.
- Be able to guide teams in developing individual pieces and be able to integrate it together.
- Write use cases and plan changes.
- Plan testing in dev team and deliver build on time.
- Plan non-functional requirements like scale, load, data migration etc.
- Co-ordinate with QA to get releases done.
- Must be a leader by example. If you say something, you follow it yourself.
- Be able to enthuse team members to take up a challenge/personal weakness.
- Be able to challenge, criticize others as much as accept the same for oneself.
- Be open to changes, in working style to technology choices.